Saturday, April 24, 2010

Google Translate

As we end our days in Germany, I must give praise to an indispensable tool...Google Translate. Although she mis interprets my words, and makes me lazy with my limited German, I appreciate her help with emails and letters from natives. You have might life just a little bit easier, along with all of your other internet friends. Thanks!

To see what a mediocre job these translators actually do (although, to be fair, the computer code for these things must be gigi-normous....it will be a long way until the grammatic will be perfect), check out this site, which takes something you want translated, translates it into a language, and back to english and so on and so, so after 10 languages you can see what comes out of teh translator. For instance "thank you Google translate for all of your help while we are living in Germany" becomes..."Thanks to the help of Google Translator, living in Germany". Not bad!

1 comment:

Milla said...

You are moving back next week already? 1 May is next week...
Happy moving back home!!! I hope it won't be too traumatic...
You'll miss German eggs, I'm sure -you know, the ones that you buy 10 but get invoiced for 100 ;-)